What does inner peace look like to you? When I close my eyes, peace looks like a smooth beige seamless wall with no edge. It goes on endlessly. It is spotless and beautiful in its simplicity. When you close your eyes and think of peace what do you see? I am genuinely interested. Share yours with me.
However, recently, peace has been so far from me. I sleep tired and wake up tired. I sleep angry and wake up with new found anger. There seems to be trouble and a mess lurking in every corner of life with no end to it. I started a new job and is constantly wondering what people think of me, what they are saying about me and how many mistakes have I done on this one day. Opposed to what my peace image is, when I close my eyes looking for inner peace I find my beige wall scribbled on like what a 2 year old would do on paper. Red, blue, pink, purple and orange scribbles everywhere. I feel smothered, lost, disturbed and agitated. I need to clean this image to be at peace again! I don’t know if you can relate? I think the word is chaos! Without inner peace, I become chaotic both inside and out.
I’ve learnt that inner peace is more of being than doing. So, I share the best ways to find and be in your state of inner peace. You and I both can create the environment we need that fosters peace in our lives.
1. Be responsible of how you feel. Let no one control your emotions
2. Be truthful to yourself and others. Don’t let others pressure you into something that does not work for you. This article on finding inner peace from Finerminds explains this point quite well.
3. In everything you do, look for the option that gives you your peace of mind. That’s the goal!
4. Remove yourself from toxic people.
5. Spend some time alone.
6. Be mindful of how you think and what you think.
7. Find your go to relaxation “thing”. Checkout my blog post on some things I do to relax and help find inner peace in life.
8. Be early and on time for everything you do and everywhere you go.
9. Speak only positive affirmations to yourself.
10. Forgive and forget.
Inner peace is contagious. It starts with you, spreads to friends, family and strangers. As you find peace for yourself, you can also teach others how to do so!
By: Edith Berko
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS POST, PLEASE SHARE IT WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY – HELP THE MODESTLY E COMMUNITY GROW. IF YOU ARE NEW HERE, WELCOME! I APPRECIATE YOU COMING THROUGH XOX ! YOU MAY SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER AND ALSO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @MODESTLYE FOR INSPIRATION AND MOTIVATION IN LIFE.