Here’s what I have learnt so far!
1. Everything has a consequence. If you do good you really do it for yourself and if you do bad you really do it for yourself. So, make sure what you do today is right.
2. Money does not grow on trees. Well I knew that already, but that statement is ever more real than ever. I urge you to spend wisely and save a little of whatsoever you make.
3. Finding a hobby makes life so much better. Get a good hobby and just dive deep into it; like wholeheartedly.
4. Slow and patient wins the race. No need to rush through life. It really is one step at a time in every dream and goal you have in life.
5. Prayer is the key. Pray fervently! God has a way of working things out for your good.
6. Staying organized in your head and in your space is important. It floods into other areas of your life. So, stay organized.
7. Love your mother and father. Show them that you love them individually. Learn as much as you can from them because they won’t be around forever.
8. Love yourself! Do not beat yourself up verbally and mentally. It is very parallel to physically cutting yourself and leaving scars. Tell yourself good things about yourself.
9. Buy quality items! Might not seem important to be a life lesson but it really is. Stop wasting money on 100 pieces that are 5$ each and use that money to get you a good long-lasting item.
10. No need to live a fast-paced life. You don’t get to enjoy and internalize most of what you are experiencing. Relax and enjoy life.
11. When you sleep and open your eyes in the morning, first thing you should say is Thank you! Just that in of itself is a gift.
12. Be humble and loving. No need to be angry all the time or worried. Both of these cannot and will not add length or happiness to your life.
13. Things only happen when you act. Accordingly, take more action in life to get what you want, need, and deserve.
14. As a human being we have our instincts which I call the gut feeling. Follow it. Listen to it! Never ever disobey it. It’s there to guide you on your life journey.
15. Observe more. Listen carefully. Think about what you see and hear in life. Talk less. A lot of lessons are learnt this way.
16. When given an answer, dig deeper. There is always more information that has been hidden from you that you need and will benefit from.
17. Think twice before acting. Never decide based on your emotions. It will have you seeing things from a through horrible lenses and angles.
18. It is no one’s responsibility to make you happy. However, it is yours to make everyone around you happy including yourself.
19. Make sure you are prepared for that what you are looking for in life. It can happen in a moment. Opportunity comes once!
20. Let your actions speak louder than your words. People remember what you do more than what you say.
21. Remember how important your time is. Respectfully do not waste it on people who do not value your time.
22. Life is not a race. Your beginning might be someone’s end. You never know so stop comparing where you are with where other people are at.
23. Be positive. Odd to say but this is a tough one. You need to look at everything in life from the right angle in order to be positive. Sometimes that angle is hard to find.
24. Stop talking about another person’s business and mind your own. If it’s not about you then don’t talk about it!
25. Everybody is not your friend. Those that you call friends are the ones you must be careful of. When they hurt you it really stings!
26. Do not place your goals, dreams, and plans on the table for people to chip in. Once they are accomplished only then can you share. Not everybody at the table has good intentions for you.
27. Own up to your mistakes. See why the mistake was made and make an oath to yourself to never repeat that mistake again!
Live your best life!
BY: Edith Berko
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS POST, PLEASE SHARE IT WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY – HELP THE MODESTLY E COMMUNITY GROW. IF YOU ARE NEW HERE, WELCOME! I APPRECIATE YOU COMING THROUGH XOX ! YOU MAY SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER AND ALSO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @MODESTLYE FOR INSPIRATION AND MOTIVATION IN LIFE.